For the last 24 years, thousands of participants have challenged themselves to finish an 8 km race or a 4 km fun run/walk through downtown Kingston before the Kingston Symphony has finished playing 50 minutes of Beethoven's best music. Mark your calendar for this year's event, which will be held on Sunday, June 7, 2020. Kids 10 years old or younger can also compete in a 1 km Kids Race before the main event.
Online registration is now open. You can also register in person at Runners' Choice, 56 Brock Street, Kingston. Register before March 15, 2020 and take advantage of our early bird discount!
8 km (timed)
- Early Bird = $40
- After March 15, 2020 = $45
4 km (not timed)
- Early Bird = $30
- After March 15, 2020 = $35
1 km (kids race, not timed)
KRRA members will receive an additional $5 discount on entries to the 8 km race or 4 km fun run/walk.
8 km race & 4 km fun run/walk
- 10:30 a.m. start time at Confederation Park
1 km kids race
- 9:45 a.m. start at Confederation Park
Runners’ Choice has organized a training program customized to help aspiring runners to achieve the goal of beating Beethoven in the 8 km race or 4 km walk/fun run. Beginning Thursday, April 9, 2020, participants for “Run to Your Own Rhythm” will meet for a nine week training program. The program will be split into two groups: 4 km finishers and 8 km finishers. Cost of the program is $80. We ask all participants are currently able to complete a 5 km walk in 60 minutes or less and are committed to exercising three times a week.
The nine week training program will be customized for each individual runner based on their ability level before the program begins. Each week incremental goals will be sent out to participants via email. The end goal will be to complete the Kingston Symphony’s Beat Beethoven run/walk in under 50 minutes. Click the "Training Program" button for more details, or call Runners' Choice at 613-542-2410.
- Each participant who registers for the 8 km race before May 15, 2020 will receive tech t-shirt.
- Participants who register for the 4 km fun run/walk before May 15, 2020 will receive a cotton t-shirt.
- 1 km participants DO NOT receive any t-shirt with registration.
- You have the option of ordering an additional tech t-shirt, before May 15, 2020. See the registration form for prices and sizing.
Like us on Facebook for the latest updates.