Everyone knows that a picture says a thousand words, but a good book says a thousand more! This September, get your hands on some amazing finds and support the Kingston Symphony’s Volunteer Committee by checking out the annual Book Fair. A range of genres are available to satisfy the tastes of all book lovers. From Young Adult novels to historical fiction, from children’s books to song books, from non-fiction to audio books; an abundance of adventure awaits Kingston readers!
SALE DATES & TIMES
September 9 - 20, 2020
- Wednesday (9th) | 4 p.m. - 7 p.m.
- Thursday (10th) | 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Friday (11th) | 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Saturday (12th) | 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Sunday (13th) | 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Monday (14th) | 4 p.m. - 7 p.m. (10% off)
- Tuesday (15th) | 4 p.m. - 7 p.m. (20% off)
- Wednesday (16th) | 4 p.m. - 7 p.m. (30% off)
- Thursday (17th) | 4 p.m. - 7 p.m. (40% off)
- Friday (18th) | 4 p.m. - 7 p.m. (50% off)
- Saturday (19th) | 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. (50% off)
- Sunday (20th) | 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. (Fill a box for $10)
June 3, 10, 17 & 24, 2020
- 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
What to do with items we don't accept:
- Encyclopedia: Please email Alan Foljambe regarding any old volumes.
- Textbooks and damaged books: Tear off cover and put pages with their binding into your paper recycling, covers into the garbage.
- Magazines, National Geographic: Recycle, bring to your doctor's or dentist's office if they keep magazines in the waiting room.
- Harlequin or similar "dollar" romances: Donate to the Salvation Army, Bibles for Missions, Value Village or other charity shops.
- Musty, mouldy books: Dispose of in garbage as these are a serious health hazard.
How to Pack & Store Books:
- Limit the size of boxes to what you can comfortably lift;
- Place books flat in clean cardboard boxes;
- Fill in open spaces with compressed paper (this enables safer stacking of boxes);
- Close or cover boxes to protect from dust;
- OFF of concrete floors (carpet is no protection against damp);
- Store inside a warm, dry room.
Like our Facebook page to keep up with the latest!
- September 9, 2020 — September 20, 2020
- Times Vary
- 785 Sir John A. Macdonald Boulevard, Unit 7A
- Volunteer Committee