Wolf-Ferrari: Overture to Segreto di Susanna
Smyth: Finale to Act 1 of The Boatswain's Mate
Orff: Carmina Burana
Who would have suspected that bad behaviour would lead to wonderful music? Orff’s immortal Carmina Burana returns to the Kingston stage, accompanied by our friends in the Queen’s University Choral Ensemble. This theme continues with Wolf-Ferrari’s delightful overture to an opera centred around a woman concealing her smoking habit, and the Smyth selection represents an achingly beautiful aria, interrupted by raucous pub crawlers.
Subscribe and save up to 20% off single-ticket prices.
- January 26, 2019 — January 27, 2019
- Sunday | 2:30 p.m.
- Isabel Bader Centre for the Performing Arts
- Elizabeth Polese, Soprano
- Christopher Mayell, Tenor
- Jean-Philippe McClish, Baritone
- Queen’s University Choral Ensemble
- Darrell Bryan, Director
- Evan Mitchell, Conductor