Everyone knows that a picture says a thousand words, but a good book says a thousand more! This September, get your hands on some amazing finds and support the Kingston Symphony’s Volunteer Committee by checking out the annual Fall Book Fair! A range of genres are available to satisfy the tastes of all book lovers. From Young Adult novels to historical fiction, from children’s books to song books, from non-fiction to audio books; an abundance of adventure awaits Kingston readers!
January 23 & 30, February 6 & 13, 2019
- 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- 5 p.m. - 7 p.m.
What to do with items we don't accept:
- Encyclopedia: Please email Alan Foljambe regarding any old volumes.
- Textbooks and damaged books: Tear off cover and put pages with their binding into your paper recycling, covers into the garbage.
- Magazines, National Geographic: Recycle, bring to your doctor's or dentist's office if they keep magazines in the waiting room.
- Harlequin or similar "dollar" romances: Donate to the Salvation Army, Bibles for Missions, Value Village or other charity shops.
- Musty, mouldy books: Dispose of in garbage as these are a serious health hazard.
How to Pack & Store Books:
- Limit the size of boxes to what you can comfortably lift;
- Place books flat in clean cardboard boxes;
- Fill in open spaces with compressed paper (this enables safer stacking of boxes);
- Close or cover boxes to protect from dust;
- OFF of concrete floors (carpet is no protection against damp);
- Store inside a warm, dry room.
- September 4, 2019 — September 15, 2019
- Times Vary
- 785 Sir John A. Macdonald Boulevard, Unit 7A