Volunteers play a vital role in supporting the Kingston Symphony Association. We are always looking for enthusiastic and dedicated volunteers who are willing to help us reach our goals. Whether you are a student looking for volunteer hours, a lover of classical music or are just looking to give back to the community, we have a position for you!
For general information on how to volunteer, how to join the Kingston Symphony Association Volunteer Committee or to be notified when volunteer opportunities come up, please contact the Kingston Symphony Association office at 613-546-9729 or email email@example.com.
CURRENT VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Volunteers are always needed to take on various positions throughout the season, in addition to the following specific opportunities:
What's It Worth Event:
- Kitchen Help: Serve coffee & tea, set up the lunch for 11:30 a.m., keep the kitchen tidy, and observe sanitary food handling procedures. Help with after event cleanup.
- Silent Auction: Assist bidders, collect bid sheets when auction closes, and determine/contact winners.
- Appraiser Assistant: Keep customers in proper line, collect coloured fob(s) and keep track of the number of items appraised. Retrieve lunch for/eat lunch with the appraiser.
* All volunteers must be able to attend one of the mandatory orientation meetings (Thursday, April 12 at 10 a.m. or 4 p.m.). Lunch will be provided for all What's It Worth event volunteers.
Beat Beethoven 2018:
Our Beat Beethoven event will take place this year on June 3, 2017 at Confederation Park and we are always looking for assistance on race day. There are a variety of positions available from finish line duties, to water stations, to helping out on the course, and more. Please email us to inquire about becoming a Beat Beethoven volunteer or fill out the online form here.
Sorters, Testers & Organizers:
Various times in the 2-3 weeks prior to our Nearly New Sales in April & October.
Items to sort include:
- clothing and footwear
- housewares, china, glassware
- fabrics, yarn, knitting, sewing and crafting supplies
- hardware and electronic gadgets
- sports gear
- bedding and linens
- lamps, knicknacks, art
- small appliances