Summer Marketing Assistant
The Kingston Symphony seeks a Marketing Assistant for an eight-week position. Under the direction of Kingston Symphony staff, the Marketing Assistant will be involved in the execution of the marketing and communications plan for the Kingston Symphony Association's 2019-2020 season. The successful candidate will also assist in selling advertising in the concert program.
We are looking for someone with the following qualifications:
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and takes initiative
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong computer skills and is comfortable using various social media platforms (Facebook/Twitter/Instagram)
- Ability to work independently and to make a strong contribution to a team environment
- Good problem solving skills
- Take directions well
- Employment and/or volunteer experience in arts, outreach, communications, public relations, and/or media
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships
This position has been made possible through funding received from the Canada Summer Jobs program therefore youth applying must meet all the criteria below:
1. Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
2. Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and
3. Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
The position will run for eight weeks – 30 hours per week, and will start no later than June 24, 2019. An earlier start date is possible, depending on the availability of the successful applicant. The position pays $14 per hour plus vacation pay, EI and CPP contributions.
To apply, candidates should email a resume and covering letter to the Kingston Symphony Association at email@example.com and include in the subject line, Summer Marketing Assistant. The application deadline is June 18, 2019 at 5 p.m. Only those applicants considered for an interview will be contacted.